Our prominent technology has spawned a highly-efficient roots blower supercharger.
Ogura Super Charger is a roots type blower that works by pulling air effectively through rotating a pair of uniquely-designed rotors. It has been used in many cars and marine engine applications and it has also been used in various air supply systems. Recently we have been developing higher efficient blowers due to the needs of the fuel cell industry.
Features of Ogura Super Charger
- Unique rotor design, which spreads the air seal over a larger surface, giving high efficiency at both low and high speeds
- Special rotor coating reduces the chance for internal scoring against the casing and allows the supercharger to maintain high efficiency throughtout its life.
- Low inertial rotors allow engagement and disengagement of the supercharger via a clutch which saves energy and increases the life of the supercharger.
- Due to a non-contact type of revolving part, it has less noise, less vibration and a long lifetime.
- Housing is made of finned aluminium which is lightweight.